Monday, March 19, 2007

A Great Coach, A Great Father

Trey Carter posted this as a comment on one of the blogs, and I copied it here so everyone would be sure to see it. Bunny
*********

Many of you don't know me that well as a person. You may know me as a tennis player or the little coach's son watching your games. However, I am so honored to witness the glory you have given my father. As I sat there watching each of you at the reunion, it took all of my energy to fight back the tears. Being an athlete, I understand the discipline and focus that it takes to be successful. What I am not used to seeing is the selflessness. My father is a great man. Many of you know that. He has touched you and you will never be the same. However, many driven coaches tend to distance their families in their passion to be successful. My father is a better father and grandfather than he was a coach. I have never felt a love and respect deeper than I feel for him. You have allowed me and my children to experience a part of my father, their grandfather, that we never really knew. They still know him as granddaddy, but now they also know him as Coach. As my son North said "I didn't know grandaddy was famous". He deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame, and will be, but he has already made it in the hearts of his family.
God Bless Each Of You.

Trey

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Judy Riley Bland said...

If for no other reason, I am so glad we had this reunion so Trey Carter and three of his children could hear about his father and their grandfather, Norman Carter, and the impact of his success.
They were like my own children and others in attendance, who had no idea of what we accomplished back then.

 
At March 19, 2007 at 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how much Tony and I enjoyed the celebration Saturday night. It was a top notch job and I want to thank everyone that had any part in putting it together. It was very special and will be one of those memories of a life time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home