Wednesday, January 31, 2007

All For One and One for All

I don't think it ever occurred to any of us as members of the Lady Vikings basketball teams to want any glory for ourselves as individual players. We wouldn't have dared!!

Our streak was a prime example of teamwork and what the results can be if everyone pulls together and keeps their eyes on the task at hand. I think the fans from our team and others noticed it about us as well.

I remember when we beat Harris County five times in one season with the last victory over them coming in the finals of the state tournament in the old Macon Municipal Auditorium. Their star forward, Pat Robinson, wrote my sister Sissy a note congratulating us on our win. I think we must earned that kind of respect by the way we played.

It was also a result of what Coach Carter learned about coaching a bunch of girls along the way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home