Monday, January 29, 2007

The Record Book

Back in December when we first started working on reunion planning, I talked with Ed Grisamore (Macon Telegraph Columnist and Grammy award nominee) who is to be the guest speaker at our event. He asked me if our winning streak is ranked nationally. I had no idea. I knew it was still a state record, but didn't know if it was in the national record books or where to research that. I was sitting in front of my computer, as was Ed, so he led me through a search on Google to find out. Let me say that he is good at Google searching. He got just the right combination of words and phrases and it brought up this page.
http://www.nfhs.org/core/contentmanager/uploads/PDFs/
Publications/Basketball.pdf

This is a publication called the National High School Sports Record Book put out by the National Federation of High Schools. This chapter is on Basketball. If you scroll down one page past this opening one, you'll see in the left column at the bottom a list titled Most Wins, Consecutive. We're on it - No. 4 - because we won 132 (misprint of 134) consecutive games between 1967-72. How about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home